- Martin Limited Edition Acoustic Guitar
- Limited to 100 instruments worldwide
- Pays homage to the special grains made famous for their use in beer making
- Sloped Shoulder Dreadnought (D-14 fret) body
- Solid Sinker Redwood top
- Solid Flamed Walnut back & sides
- European Flame Maple & Pearl inlay binding
- Guatemalan Rosewood headplate and pickguard
- Ebony fingerboard & bridge
- Liquidmetal® bridge pins
- Headstock, fingerboard, rosette, pickguard, and bridge are adorned with a combination of abalone, mother-of-pearl, and wood inlays
- Vintage Copper open gear machine heads with butterbean buttons
- Compensated Bone saddle (16")
- Bone Nut (44mm)
- Gloss finish
- Hard Case included
DSS HOPS AND BARLEY
This limited edition instrument is sure to become a collector’s dream guitar. It pays homage to the special grains made famous for their use in beer making. The instrument is crafted with highly flamed walnut back and sides, which fall on the tone spectrum between koa and mahogany. It produces a very balanced sound that mellows out over time to a nice warm tone. The top is made with sinker redwood and is complemented with European flamed maple and pearl inlay binding on the front and a Guatemalan rosewood headplate and pickguard.
The headstock, fingerboard, rosette, pickguard, and bridge are adorned with a combination of abalone, mother-of-pearl, and wood inlay, which depict hops and barley in various forms. The instrument combines some Authentic build features like a dovetail neck joint, hide glue construction, and a 1931 old-style logo. It also includes modern features like Liquidmetal® bridge pins and a comfortable high-performance taper neck. This model is limited to 100 instruments and includes a paper label signed by C. F. Martin IV.
SPECIFICATIONS - OVERVIEW
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret Slope Shoulder
- FINISH TOP: Gloss
- CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- BACK AND SIDE FINISH: Gloss
- BRACING PATTERN: X Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL: Sinker Redwood
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- BACK MATERIAL: Walnut
- NECK TAPER: High Performance Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: Walnut
- ELECTRONICS: None
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Authentic Acoustic Lifespan 2.0 - Medium MA550T
- CASE: Ply Hardshell
Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
1x Martin DSS Hops & Barley | Limited Edition | Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar | Solid Redwood Top, Walnut B&S | Case