- Martin Custom Signature Acoustic Guitar
- Dreadnought body
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top
- Solid East Indian Rosewood Back & Sides
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Aged Vintage Gloss finish
- Hard Case included
D-28 RICH ROBINSON
Calling all Black Crowes fans! Martin is proud to bring you the Rich Robinson Custom Signature Edition D-28. This model is a guitar player’s dream, and it is the first model that Martin has ever made as a visual and sonic representation of an artist’s personal instrument. The instrument that served as its inspiration is a 1954 D-28 that was handed down from Robinson’s father, who played it on stage at the Grand Ole Opry; as a traveling musician with the Hillbilly Highway; and in his folk band, The Appalachians, during the 1950s and ‘60s. After inheriting his father’s guitar, Robinson used it to write most of the original Black Crowes’ songs from the band’s studio albums.
This soulful representation of that beloved guitar is crafted with Aged satin-finished East Indian rosewood for the back and sides and an Aged Sitka spruce top that is finished with a very thin vintage gloss. It also features rearward-shifted non-scalloped bracing, which offers a very balanced tone and added volume. It includes some 1950s style vintage build characteristics, like Martin’s signature dovetail neck joint, authentic hide glue construction, an ebony fingerboard and bridge, and Aged nickel tuners. Another custom feature requested by Robinson is a bridge with the wings slightly softened for comfort. The model includes a specially designed label signed by Robinson and numbered in sequence.
SPECIFICATIONS - OVERVIEW
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- FINISH TOP: Vintage Gloss - Aged
- CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- BACK AND SIDE FINISH: Vintage Gloss - Aged
- BRACING PATTERN: Rearward Shifted X Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE: Non-Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 11/16''
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE: 1954 Rich Robinson Barrel and Heel
- BACK MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- NECK TAPER: Standard Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- ELECTRONICS: None
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Authentic Acoustic Lifespan 2.0 - Medium MA550T
- CASE: Molded Hardshell
Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
1x Martin D-28 Rich Robinson | Custom Signature | Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar | Solid Spruce Top, Rosewood B&S | Case